Who is behind this website? We are a group of researchers with a shared interest in large ensembles as a new tool for climate research. Together, we organised a splinter meeting at EGU 2019 to bring the large ensemble community together to share experiences, ideas, and develop plans for the future. In autumn 2019 we organised a large ensemble workshop at LMU in Munich, Germany, and in 2020 we launched this website and a new SMILE webinar series.
- Andrea Dittus, University of Reading, twitter, website
- Flavio Lehner, ETH Zurich/NCAR , twitter, website
- Nicola Maher, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology , twitter, website
- Raul Wood, LMU Munich, website
- Sebastian Milinski, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, twitter, website
The idea of the SMILE community is to provide a forum to learn about new applications of large ensembles, exchange ideas and experiences, and possibly even start new collaborations. If you have an idea how we can improve this community forum, feel free to reach out and get involved!